Recipe by Bergy
This is a great eggnog with or without alcohol. I put in the alcohol! It is from "Company's Coming for Christmas. Salute!
Top Review by troyh
Yum! Yum!! Now this is EGG nog. It's nicely thick and deliciously creamy. And the nog is pretty nice too. We used bourbon, rather than whiskey, though. Will have to try whiskey next time.
- 12 large egg whites
- 236.59 ml granulated sugar
- 12 egg yolks
- 2.46 ml salt
- 709.77 ml whipping cream
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml vanilla
- 1656.13 ml whole milk
- 473.18 ml light rum
- 236.59 ml whiskey (rye or scotch)
- 0.25 ml nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- You will need 3 medium to large bowls.
- In the first bowl beat egg whites until they start to thicken.
- Add 1 cup sugar, beat until thick.
- In the second bowl: Beat egg yolks and salt until thick.
- Combine beaten egg whites with yolks and beat until mixed and thick.
- In a third large bowl beat cream until it starts to thicken.
- Add 2 tbsp sugar & vanilla to the beaten cream.
- Add milk, rum & whiskey beating continually (for non alcoholic eggnog omit the alcohol and add artificial rum flavoring doing it a tsp at a time until you achieve the desired taste).
- Combine all the ingredients, and chill.
- Serve with a garnish of a sprinkle of nutmeg on top of each glass.