Air Force Mama's Note:
Adapted from A Family Feast
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fill a medium pot with three to four quarts of water and bring to a boil.
- 2Gently place each egg one at a time into the pot with a long-handled slotted spoon, resting them on the bottom of the boiling water.
- 3Bring back to a full boil and cook for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and let eggs sit in the hot water for 13 minutes.
- 4Drain all the water and then shake the pot with the eggs still inside to break the shells. Under running warm water, peel off shells and set cooked eggs on a paper towel to dry.
- 5Roughly chop eggs into a medium bowl and add mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Stir and taste. Add more salt or pepper if needed.
- 6Cover bowl and place in the refrigerator until egg salad is below 40 degrees.
- 7Serve with crisp lettuce and your favorite bread.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Traditional Egg Salad
Serving Size: 1 (1037 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 329.3
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 565.6 mg
- Sodium 556.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 19.1 g