Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are so good and easy. I am always requested to make these for the holidays and for barbeques. I have to make a double batch because DH sneaks them when I'm not looking! :)
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled halved lengthwise
- 59.14 ml mayonnaise, low-fat okay
- 14.79 ml prepared mustard
- 2.46 ml white vinegar
- 1.23 ml salt
- 14.79 ml sugar
- paprika (to garnish)
- Scoop egg yolks into bowl.
- Set aside egg whites.
- Add mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper to yolks.
- Mash together with fork until smooth.
- Spoon mixture into egg white halves.
- Sprinkle tops with paprika,.
After using many recipes for deviled eggs, this is the most popular with guests and family members. (Deviled Eggs made with Miracle Whip are too tangy for some people.) The sugar added to the yolks seems to enhance the flavor. The only thing I do different is use cider vinegar and sometimes less sugar. I will try white vinegar the next time. Thanks for posting this simple and delicious recipe. It's the recipe of many of our grandmothers. PS Always boil an extra egg so that you will have enough yolk to prevent filling from being runny.
YUMMY! My mom told me she made hers with vinegar, but I wasn't sure how much to put in, so I searched this site until I found one that used vinegar. I followed the recipe 100%, and the eggs were SO GOOD. I was even guilty of licking the spoon after making the mixture! GREAT JOB!
Ok I'm a first timer on these and wow so easy and really good! Thanks