Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
aunt's famous recipe
- 8 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained and chopped
- 1 dash sea salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 2 teaspoons capers
- chives, for garnish
- Boil eggs in pan until fast boiling.
- Cover pan and remove from stove.
- Leave covered for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool either in refridgerator or cold water.
- Peel eggs and cut in half.
- Scoop out cooked yolks and mix with fork.
- Blend with mayonnaise, mustard, chives and capers.
- Scoop egg filling with spoon and fill egg whites.
- Garnish with chives.
- Wrap and chill until ready to serve.
The capers seem to be listed twice in the ingredients list; I'm not sure why. I usually make deviled eggs with paprika, but I didn't even miss it with these. Very good eggs. Thanks for posting!