Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Libbie Wostrel; has raisins too.
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 9 inches unbaked pie shells
- Slightly mash cottage cheese.
- Stir in eggs, milk, sugar, and lemon juice; mix well.
- Stir in raisins.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake in 375 degree Fahrenheit oven for 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
I grew up with this recipe.. and it is one of my all time favorites... sounds too simple to be good.. but if you like the taste and texture of Rice Pudding.. this is similar but much healthier and creamier..... we always used the raisins but if you can always leave them out... Sweet Pie but not Overly sweet like some dessert...........