Recipe by Coffee Criss
While this does not turn out as "cakey" as real crab cakes, this definitely hits the spot when following the HCG protocol. Recipe counts for 1 protein and 1 Melba toast. Add your veggie and have a fruit for dessert and you have a satisfying and filling meal. This recipe is from The HCG Diet Cookbook Gourmet Success.
- 100 g crabmeat
- 1 melba toast, made into crumbs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 dash cayenne
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a small bowl combine all ingredients and form into small cakes.
- Press crab cakes into muffin tins and bake for 10-20 minutes, until tops are slightly toasted.
- Alternatively, the crab mixture can be sautéed until warm and served over a green salad.