Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
While this does not turn out as "cakey" as real crab cakes, this definitely hits the spot when following the HCG protocol. Recipe counts for 1 protein and 1 Melba toast. Add your veggie and have a fruit for dessert and you have a satisfying and filling meal. This recipe is from The HCG Diet Cookbook Gourmet Success.
- 100 g crabmeat
- 1 melba toast, made into crumbs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 dash cayenne
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a small bowl combine all ingredients and form into small cakes.
- Press crab cakes into muffin tins and bake for 10-20 minutes, until tops are slightly toasted.
- Alternatively, the crab mixture can be sautéed until warm and served over a green salad.