Recipe by Little Bee
This is the recipe I have always used to make Corned Beef and Cabbage on St. Patty's Day. Its easy and delicious!
Top Review by Kristin Fiteni
Great recipe. This is my first corned beef, very scary! This wss a delicous recipe. The butter on tge potstos and cabbage made it much more flavorful, I omited the oarsly since my husband wanted it to lok more traditional. It couldve had better texture if I didnt freeze it. Itvwss abit tougher tgen I love bug all and all great
- 1 (3 lb) corned beef brisket, trimmed
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 2 tablespoons mccormick whole mixed pickling spices
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 8 small red potatoes
- 2 cups baby carrots or 8 peeled carrots, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small head of cabbage, cored and cut into 8 wedges
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Place brisket in 6-quart saucepot or Dutch oven. Cover with about 2 quarts water. Add onion, pickling spice and garlic; cover.
- Bring just to boil; reduce heat to low and simmer 2 hours (DO NOT BOIL).
- Add potatoes and carrots; simmer 30 minutes longer.
- Add cabbage; simmer 15 minutes longer. Remove brisket and vegetables from saucepot.
- Slice brisket across the grain.
- Mix butter and parsley; brush on vegetables.