Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is the recipe I have always used to make Corned Beef and Cabbage on St. Patty's Day. Its easy and delicious!
- 1 (3 lb) corned beef brisket, trimmed
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 2 tablespoons mccormick whole mixed pickling spices
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 8 small red potatoes
- 2 cups baby carrots or 8 peeled carrots, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small head of cabbage, cored and cut into 8 wedges
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- Place brisket in 6-quart saucepot or Dutch oven. Cover with about 2 quarts water. Add onion, pickling spice and garlic; cover.
- Bring just to boil; reduce heat to low and simmer 2 hours (DO NOT BOIL).
- Add potatoes and carrots; simmer 30 minutes longer.
- Add cabbage; simmer 15 minutes longer. Remove brisket and vegetables from saucepot.
- Slice brisket across the grain.
- Mix butter and parsley; brush on vegetables.
Great recipe. This is my first corned beef, very scary! This wss a delicous recipe. The butter on tge potstos and cabbage made it much more flavorful, I omited the oarsly since my husband wanted it to lok more traditional. It couldve had better texture if I didnt freeze it. Itvwss abit tougher tgen I love bug all and all great
This was delicious and fit my needs perfectly. I was looking for a recipe I could do on the stove top. Very easy and family friendly. Thanks Little Bee