2 hrs 15 mins
Little Bee's Note:
This is the recipe I have always used to make Corned Beef and Cabbage on St. Patty's Day. Its easy and delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 lb) corned beef brisket, trimmed
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 2 tablespoons mccormick whole mixed pickling spices
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 8 small red potatoes
- 2 cups baby carrots or 8 peeled carrots, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small head of cabbage, cored and cut into 8 wedges
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1Place brisket in 6-quart saucepot or Dutch oven. Cover with about 2 quarts water. Add onion, pickling spice and garlic; cover.
- 2Bring just to boil; reduce heat to low and simmer 2 hours (DO NOT BOIL).
- 3Add potatoes and carrots; simmer 30 minutes longer.
- 4Add cabbage; simmer 15 minutes longer. Remove brisket and vegetables from saucepot.
- 5Slice brisket across the grain.
- 6Mix butter and parsley; brush on vegetables.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Traditional Corned Beef and Cabbage
Serving Size: 1 (473 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 611.4
- Calories from Fat 319
- Total Fat 35.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 174.2 mg
- Sodium 1999.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 35.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole mixed pickling spices