Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is the recipe I have always used to make Corned Beef and Cabbage on St. Patty's Day. Its easy and delicious!
- 1 (3 lb) corned beef brisket, trimmed
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 2 tablespoons mccormick whole mixed pickling spices
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 8 small red potatoes
- 2 cups baby carrots or 8 peeled carrots, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small head of cabbage, cored and cut into 8 wedges
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- Place brisket in 6-quart saucepot or Dutch oven. Cover with about 2 quarts water. Add onion, pickling spice and garlic; cover.
- Bring just to boil; reduce heat to low and simmer 2 hours (DO NOT BOIL).
- Add potatoes and carrots; simmer 30 minutes longer.
- Add cabbage; simmer 15 minutes longer. Remove brisket and vegetables from saucepot.
- Slice brisket across the grain.
- Mix butter and parsley; brush on vegetables.