Recipe by Fauve
Same deal every year. Dressing that everyone loves. They dare me to deviate! It worked for my Grandma and my mom... My girls have this recipe in their hope chests!
Top Review by SaraFish
This was fabulous for our Thanksgiving dinner yesterday! The flavors are fresh and the finished dish is savory and moist. I added a chopped peeled carrot to the onion/celery mixture and omitted the boiled eggs. It made more than my 13X9 dish could hold so I also filled up a smaller casserole dish too. It was a huge hit. Thanks so much!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 6 cups cornbread, crumbled (approximately)
- 2 -4 cups herb stuffing mix
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth (not the condensed variety)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 eggs, boiled (then chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450*.
- Lightly grease a 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- Melt butter in skillet; saute celery and onion till tender, about 3 minutes.
- In large mixing bowl, combine cornbread, bread, celery and onions, sage and black pepper.
- Stir broth and beaten eggs into cornbread mixture; blend well.
- Stir in chopped boiled eggs.
- Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown.