1/3 Photos of Traditional Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 hr 20 mins
Sass Smith's Note:
This recipe produces rather flat, crispy-on-the-edges cookies, perfect for dunking. I add cocoa nibs for an extra layer of chocolate, but like nuts, these are optional. The recipe is from The Best Recipe cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Adjust oven racks to upper- and lower-middle positions and preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Whisk flour, salt and baking soda together and set aside.
- 3If cocoa nibs are not already broken into small pieces (about the size of the chocolate chips) do this now, or better yet get your baking helper to do this.
- 4Cream butter and both sugars together until light and fluffy, scraping sides of bowl with a spatula as needed.
- 5Add eggs, vanilla and water. Beat to combine and scrape sides of bowl.
- 6Add dry ingredients and stir together just until combined.
- 7Add chocolate chips and cocoa nibs and stir just until combined.
- 8Use two spoons to drop dough onto cookie sheets, at least 1 inch apart.
- 9Bake, reversing position of cookie sheets halfway through baking, until cookies are light golden brown but not quite set in the centers, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- 10Cool on racks.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Traditional Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 281.8
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 45.5 mg
- Sodium 258.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 24.8 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: