Recipe by WendyinGermany
I came across this recipe over the weekend. This recipe is at least 25 years old and I imagine I got it off a box of Chex cereal way back when. I know we used to make it all the time for parties and that everyone really enjoyed it.
Top Review by Brenda.
Love this original recipe! We always added pretzels even though the original recipe didn't call for them. I see now on the Chex website they say bagel chips are part of the "Original" recipe...I think not LOL. I doubled the recipe and did find that a whole cup of butter was a bit much. I had to bake an additional 30 minutes since the mixture was still very moist at 1 hour. I used a 12.8 ounce box of Rice Chex and a 14 ounce box of Corn Chex which totalled about 17.5 cups of cereal. Maybe 3/4 cup of butter if doubling would work well. Thanks for sharing happy memories Wendy!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 2⁄3 cups Rice Chex
- 2 2⁄3 cups Wheat Chex
- 2 2⁄3 cups Corn Chex
- 1 cup mixed nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 205 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat butter in a shallow roasting pan (15" x 10" x 2") in oven until melted. Remove pan from oven.
- Stir in seasoned salt and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add Rice Chex, Wheat Chex, Corn Chex, and nuts.
- Mix well until all ingredients are coated.
- Heat in oven 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Spread on paper towels to absorb excess fat and to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.