Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Recipe from Splenda
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking (not the brown sugar blend)
- 2 3⁄4 cups shredded carrots
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
For cream cheese frosting
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- finely chopped toasted walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Spray Two (8-inch) round cake pans with cooking spray; dust bottom and sides with flour. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Beat eggs, vegetable oil, and Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking at medium speed with an electric mixer until batter is smooth. Add flour mixture beating at low speed until blended. Fold in carrots, pineapple, walnuts, and coconut.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pans.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely.
- To make the frosting: Place frosting ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix on medium speed until well blended. Ice cake when cake is completely cool.
- Optional garnish: Sprinkle finely chopped walnuts over the top of the cake.
I found this recipe on the Splenda sugar mix as well. Sooooooo good! Wanted to add it to may cookbook and here it is on the website already. I think this is the best carrot cake I have ever had. I do not like very sweet cakes, and this one is just right. I like that it has so many healthy ingredients. Sometimes I add cranberry for a different taste.