Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I was searching forever for a caesar recipe that was true to the original. I found it difficult to find a recipe that didn't include something silly like mayonaise or yogurt. And then when i thought i did find one, they had to ruin it by adding anchovies! (contrary to popular belief, anchovies were not in the original caesar salad, that came years later). So i had to write my own recipe. After several attempts, this is what i came up with. I recommend not using a food processor, as it tends to put too much air into the eggs, i have better results with a bowl and a whisk
- 5 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh garlic
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 lemons, juice of, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon creole mustard
- i cup extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt, to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper
- start by mixing the eggs, garlic, and parmesan.
- Once the parmesan is well incorporated, add worcestershire, lemon juice and creole mustard and blend well again.
- Continue blending while drizzling in the olive oil.
- season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Simple, straight forward and delicious!
Most Excellent, Thanks for sharing.