Recipe by tunasushi
Rich and buttery, just as it should be.
Top Review by theluckchain
This is excellent .. I loved this cake... My sister made this and as you can see in her review .. this is identical to something we used to have as kids, I had a hard time with the measurements but it worked in the end and this came out perfect I also added nutmeg and it was the icing on this cake lol .. I LOVED IT!!!
- 250 g butter
- 100 g margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 250 g sugar
- 250 g flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180degrees celsius.
- Sift baking powder and flour into a bowl.
- In another bowl, cream margarine, butter, salt and sugar till fluffy. Add eggs in one at a time, only after the previous egg has been thoroughly mixed into the batter.
- Add vanilla and sifted ingredients into the batter and mix well. Pour into a greased and lined 8 inch square pan and bake for 50 minutes.
- Note: it might start getting kinda brown at 20 mins, so I strongly reccomend that you tent it with tin foil after around 20 mins, to prevent the top from burning due to the large amt of butter in the recipe.