Make a Victorian Sandwich Sponge cake, the original British way (very few ingredients needed).
Make and share this Traditional British Victorian Sandwich Sponge Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 4, 180°C, 350°F then mix the sugar and margarine together until creamy.
- Beat the eggs then add one at a time, stirring until it is runny.
- At this point you could add flavour if you wanted.
- Sieve the flour into the bowl, then mix altogether until all the flour is gone.
- Grease the tins with margarine and then divide equally between two tins, and bake for 25 minutes.
- Take them out and put on a cooling tray for 10 minutes.
- Cut out both sides, and put them together like a sandwich.
- Oh, and be sure to add jam or something delicious between the two cake halves.