1/3 Photos of Traditional British Victorian Sandwich Sponge Cake
Make a Victorian Sandwich Sponge cake, the original British way (very few ingredients needed).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to gas mark 4, 180°C, 350°F then mix the sugar and margarine together until creamy.
- 2Beat the eggs then add one at a time, stirring until it is runny.
- 3At this point you could add flavour if you wanted.
- 4Sieve the flour into the bowl, then mix altogether until all the flour is gone.
- 5Grease the tins with margarine and then divide equally between two tins, and bake for 25 minutes.
- 6Take them out and put on a cooling tray for 10 minutes.
- 7Cut out both sides, and put them together like a sandwich.
- 8Oh, and be sure to add jam or something delicious between the two cake halves.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Traditional British Victorian Sandwich Sponge Cake
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 401.7
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 588.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 25.2 g
- Protein 5.8 g