1/3 Photos of Traditional British Victorian Sandwich Sponge Cake
Make a Victorian Sandwich Sponge cake, the original British way (very few ingredients needed).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to gas mark 4, 180°C, 350°F then mix the sugar and margarine together until creamy.
- 2Beat the eggs then add one at a time, stirring until it is runny.
- 3At this point you could add flavour if you wanted.
- 4Sieve the flour into the bowl, then mix altogether until all the flour is gone.
- 5Grease the tins with margarine and then divide equally between two tins, and bake for 25 minutes.
- 6Take them out and put on a cooling tray for 10 minutes.
- 7Cut out both sides, and put them together like a sandwich.
- 8Oh, and be sure to add jam or something delicious between the two cake halves.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Traditional British Victorian Sandwich Sponge Cake
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 401.7
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 588.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 25.2 g
- Protein 5.8 g