Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
Bread and Butter pudding Butter bread dried fruit
- to taste butter
- to taste bread
- to taste dried fruit
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 liter milk, blended with cream
- 1⁄2 liter cream, blended with milk
- to taste sugar
- to taste nutmeg
- This can be cooked and served in individual dishes.
- Butter the bread, and cut off the crusts.
- Layer in dishes, greased with butter,with bread & dried fruit alternate layers, finishing with a bread layer The mixture is to be soaked with an egg, cream and milk liquid - 4 eggs to set a litre of milk - sprinkle sugar and nutmeg on the top of each pudding and place in a bain marie in a moderate oven.
- Cook until set, and serve hot (Yorkshire) or cold (Hampshire) with cream or custard.