Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
A classic yet a healthy one. Green and leafy chinese bokchoy in a flavorful sauce. Suitable for all healthy eaters and vegans
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, chopped
- 500 g Chinese cabbage, chopped
- 150 g shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 150 g firm tofu, diced
- 70 g tomato paste
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- In a cup, combine the minced garlic, ginger, tomato paste, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, water, sesame oil and flour. Set aside.
- In a wok, heat oil and fry the garlic and ginger.
- Add the mushrooms and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add the bokchoy and the mixture and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the tofu and simmer again for another 1 minute.