Because it contains sugar, it burns easily and is best brushed on during the last 5 minutes or 10 minutes of cooking so that it forms a light glaze. Pass the remaining sauce at the table.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in a medium saucepan, add the onion and garlic and cook gently for 10 minutes.
- 2Add the ketchup, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, chili powder and red pepper sauce.
- 3Let the mixture simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it is slightly thickened.
- 4Let cool, then refrigerate, tightly covered.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Traditional Barbecue Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (733 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 390.9
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1762.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 61.7 g
- Protein 3.1 g