1/2 Photos of Traditional Banana Split
There is some debate in our ice cream parlor what the "traditional" split consists of. I did some research before we opened and it seems that this is the most consistently "traditional" split served, even though some have marshmallow, peanuts, crushed cherries and more. I prefer hot fudge over the chocolate syrup, personally :P
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml scoop vanilla ice cream
- 118.29 ml scoop chocolate ice cream
- 118.29 ml scoop strawberry ice cream
- 1 large ripe banana
- 29.58 ml chocolate syrup (or Hot Fudge)
- 29.58 ml strawberry ice cream topping (or fresh strawberries)
- 29.58 ml crushed pineapple
- 29.58 ml wet walnut ice cream topping
- whipped cream
- 1Line up ice cream scoops next to each other in an oval deep dish or a banana boat.
- 2Cut the ends of the banana off (about 1/4 inch) while still in the peel.
- 3Slice in half longways.
- 4Pop each half of the banana out of the peel onto each side of the ice cream row, pressing down and in a little so it'll stay put.
- 5Top the vanilla ice cream with the pineapple, the chocolate with the chocolate syrup and the strawberry with the strawberry sauce.
- 6Spoon the wet walnuts over all three scoops of ice cream.
- 7Top each scoop with some whipped cream and a cherry for each.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Traditional Banana Split
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 782.6
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 14.0 g
- Cholesterol 70.9 mg
- Sodium 281.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 139.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 76.3 g
- Protein 10.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
walnut ice cream topping