This recipe was handed down by my great-grandmother. It is a family favorite that we make every Thanksgiving. This traditional stuffing has a crispy top with a moist inside. No need to worry about stuffing the turkey this year! This tasty side-dish bakes in a casserole dish or Pyrex bowl.
- Mix onion, celery, parsley, melted butter, egg and poultry seasoning in a large bowl. Stir.
- Add bread crumbs and stir with a spoon to evenly distribute the mixture.
- Slowly drizzle milk over bread while stirring until bread cubes are moist but NOT soggy. (May need a bit more or less milk than this recipe calls for.).
- Stir in salt and pepper.
- Pour in a greased casserole dish or Pyrex bowl. (A 9x14" baking dish will do in a pinch).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes or until bread cubes on top are crispy.