Recipe by senseicheryl
This recipe is from the www.lifescript.com website. "Make it Seasonal: Substitute pears for the apples to make pear sauce. Add 2 twists of freshly ground black pepper to the pears for a surprising complement."
- 5 cups apples, peeled, cored, cut into chunks
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 dash cinnamon, to taste (optional)
- 1 dash nutmeg, to taste (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the apple chunks in a large, heavy-bottomed, stainless-steel pot. Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Simmer until the fruit becomes tender, about 20 minutes.
- Puree in a food mill or blender.
- Cool and refrigerate.