Prep 25 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Carol Flores of Houston, TX submitted this to the Neiman Marcus cookbook "No Jacket Required".
- 2 lbs boneless lamb
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup onion, grated
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon curry powder, adjust to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 -5 drops sesame oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons marjoram
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
for the kebobs
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- For the marinade, take a 1 1/2 quart glass or stainless steel bowl, whisk olive oil, mustard, onion, vinegar, Worcestershire, curry powder, garlic and sesame oil.
- Mix in margoram, salt and pepper. Trim lamb and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces, and place in the marinade mixture, turning to coat. Cover and chill for 3-4 hours.
- For the kebabs, clean mushrooms and discard stems. Seed bell peppers and cut into strips. Peel onion and cut into eighths.
- Remove lamb from marinade and reserve the marinade.
- Preheat the broiler. Place on each of 4 12-inch skewers a piece of lamb, mushroom cap, pepper piece and an onion piece. Repeat twice and finish with lamb.
- Place kebabs on a boiier pan 3 inches from the heat and cook for 20 minutes, turning occasionally and basting with marinade.
- Add a cherry tomato to the end of each skewer after 10 minutes.
- Serve with rice and chutneys.
These were the best lamb kebobs I have ever eaten. We cooked the lamb separately from the veggies. I tossed yams, brussel sprouts, garlic, onion, mushrooms and bell peppers in a little olive oil and salt then roasted them at 400 until lightly browned. It was easy to ignore them while we BBQ'ed the lamb. Thank you!