Prep 0 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Posted to De Gustibus from the Trader Vic recipebook for the 4th of July. A Rum Brandy Punch over a 10 pound cake of ice. If nothing else a cool dip in the punch right now would be nice.. [sweat sweat..]
- 3⁄4 lb sugar
- 1 quart fresh lemon juice
- 1 quart sparkling water
- 2 quarts jamaica rum
- 1 quart brandy
- 4 ounces peach brandy
- Dissolve the sugar in a little water.
- Add the remaining ingredients to a large punch bowl.
- Add a 10 pound cake of ice. I told you a LARGE punch bowl right?.
- Let stand 2 hours before serving.
- Stir occasionally.
- Keep the brother in law away from it before serving and don’t send him to stir it.
- Serves 20 to 25.
- And stay away from Fireworks afterward.
This packs a punch! I felt like it was missing something though. Maybe some mint? It's good but just needed a little something else.
I have a recipe cut for 12 1-cup servings, and did not realize this was the origin. The only difference is Jamaican DARK rum, and garnish with peach slices. (May be imbedded in the ice.) We had a backyard crowd last summer, and one of our friends had continous hiccoughs all night. When he awoke, he hiccoughed once more -- making him fear a trip to the E.R. -- but then they stopped. Just a word of warning -- This stuff is POTENT !! Warn drivers !! It is SO smooth, that you don't realize how much you have had --until you stand up !! CHEERS !! Thanks for posting, Phil. Janey