Recipe by drhousespcatcher
Posted to De Gustibus from the Trader Vic recipebook for the 4th of July. A Rum Brandy Punch over a 10 pound cake of ice. If nothing else a cool dip in the punch right now would be nice.. [sweat sweat..]
- 3⁄4 lb sugar
- 1 quart fresh lemon juice
- 1 quart sparkling water
- 2 quarts jamaica rum
- 1 quart brandy
- 4 ounces peach brandy
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve the sugar in a little water.
- Add the remaining ingredients to a large punch bowl.
- Add a 10 pound cake of ice. I told you a LARGE punch bowl right?.
- Let stand 2 hours before serving.
- Stir occasionally.
- Keep the brother in law away from it before serving and don’t send him to stir it.
- Serves 20 to 25.
- And stay away from Fireworks afterward.