Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Had a sample in the store and it was very good and easy. I tasted it with turkey but you can use either turkey, beef, chicken or tofu. The bean salad is a 3 bean medley (Chickpeas, red kidney, and Romano beans) in a lemon and white vinegar marinade with garlic, onion, and oregano called Marinated Bean Salad and it is sold as a Trader Joe's brand product.
- 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground chicken or 1 lb tofu crumbles
- 1 (26 ounce) jar salsa, chunky style
- 1 (15 ounce) can marinated bean salad, called marinated bean salad at Trader Joe's, their brand
- Brown meat or tofu in skillet, drain if using beef.
- Add the marinated bean salad, undrained, to the skillet.
- Add the salsa and heat all the ingredients to blend the flavors and enjoy.
This chili rocks! I worked for TJ's in 2003 and when I tried this, I loved it. Some time since I left TJ's (around 2004) it seemed like they discontinued the big can of marinated bean salad. Just the other day I was trying to figure out a good meal to make and thought of this. I went to TJ's ... no bean salad found... until I got to the frozen aisle and along the shelf above the freezers they had small sized cans of the marinated bean salad. The labels on the can are different, but it's the same stuff! I am SO glad I found this recipe online again. I can't wait to make it tonight!!