Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a "different" kind of salad but comes together as a tasty treat!
- 2 cups shell macaroni, cooked
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 1⁄2 cups pineapple chunks
- 1⁄2 cup grapes (or a mixture of both) or 1⁄2 cup apple, chunks (or a mixture of both)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Melt butter, add brown sugar.
- Add chicken and cooked until browned, cool.
- Combine macaroni, chicken, grapes and or apples and cheese.
- Drain pineapple reserving 4 tbsp juice. Add drained pineapple to macaroni mixture.
- Combine mayo, sour cream, pineapple juice and salt; stir gently into macaroni mixture.
I started making this salad over 20 years ago. I have always used ham cubes, not chicken. Thank you for sharing on food.com QueenJellyBean.