Recipe by tappies
Really light and fluffy, and they are easy to make. You will never use mix again.
Top Review by Boomette
I liked the taste of these pancakes. The texture was great. For me they really were 5 stars. DH told me 4 stars but I don't know why. Maybe because of the whole-wheat flour taste. Thanks tappies :) Made for I Recommend tag game
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup unbleached white flour
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- oil (for pan)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Beat together melted butter, egg and milk.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry until just combined.
- Batter may be lumpy.
- Heat a pan or griddle over medium-high heat until hot.
- (An electric griddle is great for these. Set at about 350 F.) Brush pan or griddle with vegetable oil.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto pan.
- Cook until bubbles form.
- Turn and cook until bottom is golden.