Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Really light and fluffy, and they are easy to make. You will never use mix again.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup unbleached white flour
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- oil (for pan)
- Melt butter.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Beat together melted butter, egg and milk.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry until just combined.
- Batter may be lumpy.
- Heat a pan or griddle over medium-high heat until hot.
- (An electric griddle is great for these. Set at about 350 F.) Brush pan or griddle with vegetable oil.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto pan.
- Cook until bubbles form.
- Turn and cook until bottom is golden.
I liked the taste of these pancakes. The texture was great. For me they really were 5 stars. DH told me 4 stars but I don't know why. Maybe because of the whole-wheat flour taste. Thanks tappies :) Made for I Recommend tag game
I did use all white flour as that is all I had and cooked on the flat side of the electric grill (which meant I was able to cook them in two batches) and they were thoroughly enjoyed by the family. The DH had his the traditional way with sugar and lemon juice while the DM and DS had with fruit salad and in all made a nice finish to the meal. Thank you Tappies, made for Bargain Basement.