Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This dish is VERY simple & I ALWAYS get rave reviews. In fact if there are going to be more than 4 people (or if one of those people is my boyfriend) then I make two. If there is leftovers, there is usually a few black eyes over who gets them... jk. Enjoy!
- 1 (16 ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- 4 cups shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- 8 ounces light sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 (6 ounce) cansliced black olives
- 1 small diced tomato
- 3 diced green onions
- 1 cup guacamole (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup diced yellow pepper (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup diced red pepper (optional)
- Use a 9X13 inch pan (everything will spread thin, but it will work out great in the end). The disposable oven plastic containers also work nicely.
- Using a rubber spatula, spread beans into the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle 2 cups of shredded cheese over the beans.
- Spread sour cream on cheese (it will be a little messy).
- Optional: Add guacamole here.
- Spread salsa over the sour cream (again, messy).
- Sprinkle remaining cheese.
- Sprinkle tomatoes, black olives, green onions and optional peppers. (When I'm lazy I throw the onions, tomatoes and peppers into the food processor for a quick chop. It's not very pretty, but it tastes the same).
- Remember, this is a simple recipe, so make sure you don't add too much or too little of one thing. Trust me, it doesn't turn out well if you do.