Prep 0 mins
Cook 6 mins
I haven't tried this yet but want to save all of my little sister's recipes.
- 16 ounces hot sausage (jimmy dean brand)
- 8 ounces dried pinto beans
- 1 quart canned tomato
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef broth
- fresh garlic, to taste
- jalapeno pepper, to taste
- 1 large onion, chopped
- cumin, to taste. She uses lots
- oregano, to taste
- chili powder, to taste
- 1 (6 ounce) jar taco sauce
- Cook pinto beans as per package instruction.
- Brown sausage in skillet until no longer pink. Drain fat.
- Add all ingredients to crockpot and cook on low 6-8 hours or until done.
- Serve with cornbread.
- Can top with grated cheese and chopped onion.