Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I was looking through my grandmothers cookbook and I found this recipe, well im glad I did, I used golden syrup instead of trackle cause im really not sure what it is. But these taste amazing.
- 9 ounces pie crust pastry dough (enough for two single standard pie crusts)
- 11 tablespoons black treacle (can use golden syrup if desired)
- 1 heaping teaspoon ground ginger (optional)
- 4 ounces unseasoned breadcrumbs
- After greasing the pan first, line each cup of a miniature muffin baking pan with the pastry, rolled as thin as possible.
- Warm the treacle in a saucepan.
- Add the ginger and stir in the breadcrumbs.
- Spoon the breadcrumb mixture into each pastry cup only about 2/3rds full.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, watching closely so the crust edges do not burn.