Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love this stuff. Great for get togethers. Cook time does not include time to marinate.
Make and share this Traci's Black Bean Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- In a small saucepan combine the vinegar, brown sugar and water.
- Heat until sugar is melted and cool completely.
- In a small bowl combine the remaining ingredients.
- When the vinegar mixture has cooled pour it over the black bean mixture and marinate for several hours to over night in the refridgerator.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
This was really good and easy and the two of us ate it with supper for four nights. The flavors were wonderful. Already on my shopping list to make again. Thank you.
I wasn't sure how to best rate this recipe. The version as presented was delicious with clean and crisp flavors. Reduced the amount of brown sugar to 1/4 cup because I tend to prefer more tang than sweet in these combinations. The flavors reminded me much more of a relish than a typical salsa. With that in mind I added a little cilantro and some red peppers and served it as an easy side to Saturday night burgers (see photo). Once again it was delicious with a great crisp flavor. Sunday comes and I still have half a batch left. Dropped in a bit of jalapeno let it sit and hour and had yet another version to enjoy as a filling in omelets. I loved the way this salsa had all these variations that each time felt like something different which makes this especally nice when cooking for 1 or 2. For that it earned a 5th star with me.