Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
Traaqea is a spicy food that is much like tokneneng, but is very spicy. It is very "weird" because it uses Turkey, Quail, or Duck eggs, but, will amaze you with one bite.
- 12 -18 hard-boiled eggs (Turkey, Quail, or Duck eggs)
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon berbere (ethiopian spice)
- 1 teaspoon chili pepper, spice
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground annatto seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups boiling olive oil
- Mix the spices, salt, anatto powder, flour, cornstarch, and water and stir until very smooth.
- Add the eggs and roll them around in the dough.
- Add the eggs to the boiling pot of olive oil and keep frying until orangish red.
- Cool and . . .