Recipe by Cakeflake
My Grandma always used to make these for Christmas. They're super simple and easy. They won't be the prettiest looking cookie on the plate but they taste yummy. I rediscovered the recipe from an old Lutheran Church Women's Cookbook from Vining, MN that my sister had.
- 60 crackers (Townhouse Crackers are traditional, about one box)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups dates, chopped (find chopped dates with the raisins in the grocery store)
- 1⁄2 lb almond bark (white melting candy)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat dates and sweetened condensed milk over double boiler for about 15 minutes, until smooth and somewhat blended.
- Spread mixture onto crackers, place on cookie sheets.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 5 minutes.
- When cookies are cooled, melt almond bark and drizzle onto cookies.