Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I tried this at my aunts house and had to have the recipe!! You might think it will be dry but it certainly isnt and is fine by itself!
- 4 boneless chicken breasts (cut in half - width)
- 1 roll town house cracker
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 egg (slightly beaten)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut fat off chicken and cut in half (width).
- Crush crackers into tiny pieces and them mix with cheese and parsley.
- Dredge chickens in egg, then in the cracker mix.
- Lightly fry (in about 1 tbls. of oil) in skillet (until lighlty browned).
- And then bake for 25 minutes.
I make something similar to this (a recipe that I got from my hubby), except I don't use the cheese or parsley and don't bake it, simply saute it. Oh, and I use Ritz crackers, because hubby takes no imitations! But this was absolutly scrumptious. Very moist, and the cheese and herbs really added flavor to it. My hubby also loved it, which is impressive because he doesn't like much variety! Very good, will make again soon.
Wow these were so quick and great!! I made these using chicken breasts cut into tender size pieces so they would cook quicker. I loved the crisp coating- my dh thought that next time i should add more seasonings to the mixture- but overall he gave them 5 stars too. Thanks so much for sharing this great recipe! I will have to make these again soon!
This was moist and very tender. I may add a bit of garlic and onion powder as the others suggested, but it was also excellent just the way it was. Thank you.