Recipe by mollypaul
A lovely autumn salad recipe from Town and Country Markets posted in response to a recipe request. Cooking time is approximate.
- 3⁄4 lb fresh pumpkin, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 lb fresh green beans (frozen may be used if fresh are unavailable; just thaw and briefly immerse in boiling water to finis)
- 1 bunch green onion, trimmed and sliced
- chives (to garnish)
- lemon, zest of (to garnish)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon, zest of
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Toss or brush pumpkin chunks with oil and roast for 25-30 minutes until tender and the edges have browned lightly.
- Trim beans, cut in half lengthwise, and blanch in boiling salted water for 2 minutes.
- Drain and refresh in ice cold water; drain and dry on paper towels.
- Toss together the warm pumpkin, beans and spring onions with dressing.
- Garnish with chives and lemon zest.
- Put dressing ingredients in a jar and shake well to combine.