Prep 30 mins
Cook 28 mins
An ideal dessert for a summer party. The ice cream is in the shape of a triangle.
Make and share this Towering Brownie Pyramids recipe from Food.com.
- 18 Oreo cookies, divided
- 1 (20 ounce) package fudge brownie mix
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 pint ice cream, any flavor, softened (I prefer double chocolate)
- chocolate flavored syrup (for garnish)
- Magic Shell ice cream topping (for garnish)
- Coarsely chop 14 cookies.
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions using oil, water and eggs; stir in chopped cookies.
- Spread batter into foil-lined and greased 13x9x3-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 28 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side comes out almost clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Cut brownies in half crosswise.
- Place 1 brownie half, upside down, on waxed paper-lined baking sheet.
- Spread ice cream over brownie to edges, top with remaining brownie half.
- Wrap with plastic wrap; freeze 3 to 4 hours or until firm.
- Cut into 4 (4 1/2 x 3 1/2-inch) rectangles; halve rectangles diagonally to form 8 triangles.
- Stand each triangle on its side on a serving plate.
- Halve remaining 4 cookies.
- Garnish triangles with cookie halves and chocolate syrup.
- Serve immediately or freeze until serving time.
I have been meaning to try this recipe for a long time. I brought this to a potlock and it caused an uproar. very delicious. I used mint chocolate ice cream.