Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
A family favorite! Makes two pies.
Make and share this Tourtiere (French Meat Pie) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup water
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon ground cloves
- Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- soy sauce (optional)
- 4 medium potatoes, boiled then mashed
- 4 pie crusts
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brown pork and beef then drain fat.
- Add water, onion, garlic and spices. Mix with browned meat then simmer for 25 minutes.
- Boil and mash potatoes.
- Add meat evenly to two pie shells placed in pie pans. Cover with mashed potatos, then cover once again with the other two crusts.
- Beat the egg and brush the top crust of both pies.
- Bake the pies @ 350 F for 40 minutes.