1 hr 15 mins
This is my Memere's tourtiere recipe, tweaked a bit, but don't tell her that. One does not mess with a French woman's meat pie recipe, lol. All the men in my family are moose hunters. This is one way we use the ground moose meat. Moose meat is very lean so do not cut back on the ground pork.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine Pork, moose, onion, garlic, spices, water and sauces in a skillet and bring to a boil.
- 2Reduce heat and cook uncovered for 20 minutes, or long enough to remove pink from meat. Mixture should be moist, not watery.
- 3Add enough potatoes to absorb the liquid. Cool.
- 4Fill crust, cover with top crust and seal edges. Cut vent holes.
- 5Combine egg and water and brush over pastry crust.
- 6Bake at 425 for 10 minutes, reduce heat to 350 and bake 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tourtiere a L'orignal (French Canadian Moose Meat Pie)
Serving Size: 1 (383 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 699.3
- Calories from Fat 411
- Total Fat 45.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 143.7 mg
- Sodium 424.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 26.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: