Christmas Meat Pies, make them company mini size. Bake and heat up for the last minute guest. This is French Canadian recipe from my aunt in Sudbury, Ontario.
- Boil peeled potato, drain and mash let cool.
- Combine the minced ground pork with the cream and the onion, garlic, and spices.
- Heat to boiling, and break up the meat as its cooking.
- Cook on a simmer for 25 minutes, until all the liquid has evaporated.
- Remove from heat and stir in the mashed potato.
- Chill until cold.
- Prepare your favourite savoury pie crust for a double pie.
- Line pie plate with bottom crust, and place filling evenly into shell.
- Top with top crust.
- Vent slightly.
- Pie now can be frozen for future baking, or baked now.
- Preheat oven 450 degrees and bake 15 minutes, Reduce heat to 325 degrees, and bake 20 more minutes.
- Let pie rest 5 minutes, before cutting.
- Serve with HP Sauce, Tabasco Sauce, Worchestershire Sauce.