1/2 Photos of Tourtiere 1959
1 hr 15 mins
Christmas Meat Pies, make them company mini size. Bake and heat up for the last minute guest. This is French Canadian recipe from my aunt in Sudbury, Ontario.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil peeled potato, drain and mash let cool.
- 2Combine the minced ground pork with the cream and the onion, garlic, and spices.
- 3Heat to boiling, and break up the meat as its cooking.
- 4Cook on a simmer for 25 minutes, until all the liquid has evaporated.
- 5Remove from heat and stir in the mashed potato.
- 6Chill until cold.
- 7Prepare your favourite savoury pie crust for a double pie.
- 8Line pie plate with bottom crust, and place filling evenly into shell.
- 9Top with top crust.
- 10Vent slightly.
- 11Pie now can be frozen for future baking, or baked now.
- 12Preheat oven 450 degrees and bake 15 minutes, Reduce heat to 325 degrees, and bake 20 more minutes.
- 13Let pie rest 5 minutes, before cutting.
- 14Serve with HP Sauce, Tabasco Sauce, Worchestershire Sauce.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tourtiere 1959
Serving Size: 1 (905 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1651.0
- Calories from Fat 1082
- Total Fat 120.2 g
- Saturated Fat 50.4 g
- Cholesterol 406.3 mg
- Sodium 1483.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 86.0 g