Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Lovely and luscious, this tempter comes from the Creole chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. Chilling time not included in preparation time.
- Soften gelatin in water for 5 minutes.
- Beat egg yolks, add milk sugar and salt; cook over low heat, stirring constantly.
- When mixture coats the spoon, stir in softened gelatin.
- Beat egg whites, add rum and fold into cooled custard.
- Pour into crumb pie crust, cover with whipped cream and sprinkle with grated chocolate.