A recipe I found on www.nomenu,com by: From A Past Edition Of The New Orleans Menu Daily, By Tom Fitzmorris. Here is what is stated about the recipe: A classic from another generation of diners (those of the immediate post-war era), this luscious beef dish is a well-liked specialty at Brennan's, among other places. They bring out three thick disks of filet mignon and prepare them and the sauce at the table. This is not the steak Diane you might find in a classic cookbook, but it is a very good dish. I guarantee you will be getting up every drop of that sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter (clarified butter preferred)
- 2 tournedos beef, about 10 oz. each (beef fillet mignon)
- 1 ounce brandy
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon tabasco soy sauce (or regular soy sauce, plus three dshes of Tabasco)
- 11. Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat heat. When the butter starts to bubble, sear the tournedos, letting them stick to the pan before you turn them over to an unseared side, until browned all over. Remove the tournedos and keep warm.
- 22. Add the brandy to the pan and bring to a boil. Caution: the brandy may flame briefly. Whisk the pan to dissolve the juices as the brandy reduces by about two thirds.
- 33. Add garlic, onion, celery, parsley, salt and pepper. Saute until the vegetables are tender. Add the wine, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, and soy sauce. Bring to a low boil and simmer until the sauce is thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon. Strain the sauce and return to the pan.
- 44. Slice each of the tournedos into four equal slices. Return them to the pan and cook in the sauce for about 30 seconds. Serve with all the sauce that sticks to them, plus a tablespoon more.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tournedos Diane
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.0
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 424.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: