1/4 Photos of Tourain Du Perigord - Garlic Soup from the Perigord
Mme M's Note:
This soup warms you to your core! Use a thick grained white bread, nothing too fluffy. A variation of this soup is to cook a bowl full of sorrel with the garlic, and proceed with the rest of the directions. (BTW - this soup is also used to prevent hangovers!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the butter or goose fat in a soup pot, and add in the chopped garlic. Cook till the garlic is a little golden, then add the flour, stirring. This makes a roux that will slightly thicken the soup.
- 2Add the chicken stock, or water with the chicken bouillon cubes, and heat this over medium high heat for about 10 minutes.
- 3Take a normal size wine glass, and fill half of it with white vinegar(1/4 cup measure).
- 4Separate the two eggs, putting the yolks in with the vinegar, and the whites into a bowl.
- 5Blend the vinegar and egg yolks in the wine glass with a little spoon, and pour this into the soup pot, stirring. This further thickens the soup.
- 6Pour dry white wine into the wine glass to make it half full. Pour this into the soup pot, stirring. Medium high heat.
- 7Now, take a fork and fork through the egg whites in the bowl. Pour the whites into the soup pot, stirring. The whites cook in the liquid.
- 8Add salt and pepper to the pot.
- 9Ladle the soup into soup bowls into which the diners have put a slice or two of bread. Be sure everyone gets some egg white as you ladle up the soup.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tourain Du Perigord - Garlic Soup from the Perigord
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.4
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 117.3 mg
- Sodium 940.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 11.7 g