Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a very addicting sauce, and can be used on a wide variety of things!
Make and share this Toum (Lebanese Garlic Sauce) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 garlic, bulb crushed
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup vegetable oil (not olive oil)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 squeeze lemon juice
- salt & pepper
- Place garlic in bowl. Add salt and lemon.
- Add a little oil at a time to the garlic and mix with spoon until the oil stops being absorbed. Keep adding the oil until it runs out.
- Add the mayonaise and mix. If too mayonaisey - add more oil and mix. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Once complete, put in jar and refrigerate.
Very nice and Garlicky how we like it. I used Extra light Olive Oil and Sea Salt and skipped the pepper. I served this alongside Eggplant Fritters. I used the extra for late night pastrami sandwich and DH used some as dip for his fries. Thank You. Made for Ramadan Tag 2011.