Recipe by cheesecakequeen2010
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. I created this pie from a childhood memory of a pie my Mom made. I still remember coming home from Saturday shopping with my Mom and found the pie she made had been woofed down by my brother while we were out. I usually serve this with warmed barbeque sauce or ketchup.
- 16 ounces ground beef round
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 20 ounces Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 1 frozen pie crust
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, Shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350.
- In a large frying pan brown ground beef over medium heat, drain off fat.
- In a large bowl combine the shredded hashbrowns and the 2 teaspoons.
- of onion soup mix stirring well to mix add remaining soup mix to beef mix well.
- Spoon the seasoned ground beef into the pie crust and top with 1 cup of.
- the shredded cheese.
- Spoon over the seasoned shredded hashbrowns pressing lightly to compact and top with remaining shredded cheese.
- Cover loosely with non-stick aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- remove foil and continue to cook for 5-10 minutes longer.
- Remove from oven, and let cool 10 minutes Slice and Serve.