Recipe by Denise!
Our favorite baked tortilla dip. Beefy and cheesey with lots of lettuce and tomato topping. This makes a LOT of dip, so it's perfect for Football Sunday parties. Serve with warm tortilla chips and ice cold beer with lime.
Top Review by Fauve
Excellent football-party recipe! I made this last night for the first game of this year's football season. My husband and I had this as dinner/dip. Will definitely make this again.
- 1 lb ground chuck or 1 lb ground round
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 can refried beans
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup pickled jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute ground chuck in a large skillet until browned.
- Add taco seasoning according to package directions and simmer approximately 5 minutes.
- While chuck is simmering, mix refriend beans and the garlic in a small bowl.
- Spread the refried beans evenly over the bottom of a 9x13 inch cake pan.
- Sprinkle the ground chuck mixture over the refried beans.
- Sprinkle with one cup of the cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes.
- Mix the fresh cilantro with the salsa and let rest until dip is needed.
- Remove dip from oven and let cool for approximately 10 minutes.
- Spread sour cream over the top of the meat and cheese mixture, followed by the salsa.
- Sprinkle the lettuce on top of the salsa, followed by the green onion, tomato, lettuce and cheese and jalapeno.
- Serve in the pan with lots of warm tortilla chips.