1/3 Photos of Touchdown Tortas With Chipotle Mayonnaise
Tortas are zesty Mexican sandwiches made with crusty, torpedo-shaped rolls called bolillos.To make is simple use the store bought roasted chickens.;) Served with Oven Baked Onion Rings Cauliflower And/Or Broccoli Soup (Ww 0 Point Soup) and for dessert Sweet Onion & Apple Upside Down Cake
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chile in adobo, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 6 sandwich buns, bolillos
- 1 1/2 cups refried beans, warm
- 2 cups cooked chicken or 2 cups cooked pork, shredded cooked
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups lettuce, shredded
- 1To make the chipotle mayonnaise, mix the mayonnaise, chipotles, cilantro, and lime juice until well blended.
- 2Cut rolls in half lengthwise.
- 3Pull out some of the soft white centers to make space for filling.
- 4Spread about 2 tablespoons refried beans on the bottom half of each.
- 5Top with 1/3 cup shredded chicken.
- 6Spoon 2 tablespoons chipotle mayonnaise over chicken.
- 7Top each with 1/6 of the Oso Sweet Onion slices and 1/4 cup lettuce.
- 8Cover with top halves of rolls and serve at once.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Touchdown Tortas With Chipotle Mayonnaise
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.3
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 40.0 mg
- Sodium 432.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 19.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo