Tortas are zesty Mexican sandwiches made with crusty, torpedo-shaped rolls called bolillos.To make is simple use the store bought roasted chickens.;) Served with Oven Baked Onion Rings Cauliflower And/Or Broccoli Soup (Ww 0 Point Soup) and for dessert Sweet Onion & Apple Upside Down Cake
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chile in adobo, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 6 sandwich buns, bolillos
- 1 1⁄2 cups refried beans, warm
- 2 cups cooked chicken or 2 cups cooked pork, shredded cooked
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups lettuce, shredded
- To make the chipotle mayonnaise, mix the mayonnaise, chipotles, cilantro, and lime juice until well blended.
- Cut rolls in half lengthwise.
- Pull out some of the soft white centers to make space for filling.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons refried beans on the bottom half of each.
- Top with 1/3 cup shredded chicken.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons chipotle mayonnaise over chicken.
- Top each with 1/6 of the Oso Sweet Onion slices and 1/4 cup lettuce.
- Cover with top halves of rolls and serve at once.